Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday- Joseph B. York (1830-1914)

 photo JBYork1830-1914closeup.jpg



Joseph B. York was born 5 November 1830. He was the son of Margaret and Jeremiah York and he grew up in the Persimmon area of Rabun County, Georgia.

Joseph served in the Confederacy with Company E of the 24th Regiment of Georgia Volunteer Infantry. He died on 29 July 1914. He and both his wives are buried at Persimmon Baptist Church Cemetery in Persimmon, Rabun County, GA.

His daughter Adeline York is my great-great-grandmother.




2 comments:

  1. Very Interesting Article About Joseph B.YORK. I just want to say That He was a Great Personality and Very straight forward man. I have enjoyed reading this Article and Hope to read more Interesting Article as Like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently begun digging through my own ancestry. Joseph B. York is actually my great-great-granduncle (his brother, CSA Sgt. Martin Van Buren York, wounded near Vicksburg and also buried at Persimmon Baptist, is my great-great grandfather). I've collected what I can find so far here: http://www.myheritage.com/site-family-tree-61698751/york .

    Thanks for the site, and keep up the great work!

    - Arthur R. York, Atlanta, GA

    ReplyDelete