Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wordless Wednesday- The Ellenburg Family

 photo ca1910GeorgeRachelEllenburg.jpg
These are my great-great-grandparents, George Washington Ellenburg and Rachel M. Watkins Ellenburg and their children.
Back Row (standing): Dovey, Bessie (my great-grandmother), Luther, Cancie
Front Row: Sibbie, George is holding Susie, Rachel is holding Lewis

This picture was taken around 1910 in the area on the boundary lines of Rabun County, Georgia and Macon County, North Carolina, near the area of Sky Valley, GA . 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo, Julie! Did you add the color, or was it already tinted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was already tinted when I first saw it. My grandmother said there was a time when some people wanted every picture tinted- I guess to make them look more modern.

    Thank you for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete